Maintaining good dental health can either be hard or easy, depending on how you go about it. Caring for our dental health goes beyond just brushing and flossing daily. At Lifetime Smiles Cosmetic Dentistry, we are always ready to provide for your dental needs and help you promote your dental health. Do you need dental sealants in Austin, TX? You can visit us today for a dental sealant procedure.
Dental sealants are tiny plastic coverings placed on the teeth’ surface to protect the teeth against harmful bacteria, dental plaques and tooth decay.
Dental sealants have been around since the 1900s, and they have been protecting against tooth decay since. Dentists commonly recommend sealants for children because they have a higher risk of tooth decay due to their love for sugary substances. If you need to protect your child’s teeth with dental sealants, you can see a dentist in Austin, TX.
Sealants give the teeth strong protection against bacteria that can harm the teeth structure and your general health. Placing a dental sealant on your teeth saves you from spending so much money later in the future due to deteriorated teeth decay.
The benefits of dental sealants are quite a long list, but we would be focusing on their significant benefits.
1. They protect your teeth against plaques and bacteria from food particles. Once your dentist in Austin, TX applies them to the enamel (teeth’ surface), they work effectively at making your enamel resistant to plaques and cavities. Also, when your enamels are protected, infections find it challenging to get into your teeth roots and cause dental health problems.
2. They make it easy for you to maintain a good oral routine. Dental sealants on your teeth will make it easier to clean your teeth at home and still feel confident about your dental structure. Food particles can be difficult to get rid of with just toothpaste and toothbrush. Having a dental sealant would go a long way in preventing food debris from accumulating in some areas of the teeth where your toothbrush can not reach.
3. Dental sealants are durable and can last long. With good oral maintenance, your dental sealants can last for 5 to 10 years before you get another one. If your dental sealants get damaged over time, visit a dentist near you for replacement.
4. Most dental insurance companies often cover dental sealant procedures. That is because dental sealants are preventive dental treatments, and they are cheap too.
5. The dental sealant procedure is painless and straightforward. Unlike some preventive dental treatments that might take so much time, dental sealants are easy to apply. The dentist will apply the dental sealant material with a brush after cleaning and drying your teeth. The procedure takes up to 30-45 minutes.
Dental sealants only require some 30 minutes to an hour or two for application. They are that fast and straightforward.
Before getting a dental sealant, you have to schedule an appointment with your dentist first. Your dentist is the best and authorized person to help you with this procedure.
On the day of your dental sealant treatment, your dentist will examine your teeth and clean them thoroughly. After that, they will apply a gel on your teeth’ surface to last several seconds. Next, they will wash and dry your teeth.
After your teeth dry up, your dentist would apply the sealant with a brush. The sealant is in liquid form. The sealant only becomes hard after applying it to the teeth, and the dentist shines the UV light on it. Finally, your dental sealants are in place and ready to protect your teeth.
Dental Sealants are for everyone, both young and old. Consider the procedure for adequate protection against tooth decay today.